Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mysteriously changing features

Apple iPhone - Mysteriously changing features

I had some kind of texting feature I hadn't ordered added to my account a few months ago, and I called and had it removed. It was after I had changed from a card to tethering and expected my bill to be less, so that's how I noticed it. My senior mind has forgotten what it was called.

Makes you wonder if someone over at one of the stores is slipping things in figuring people won't notice. I wonder if they get a commission. I'm such a suspicious person.

iPhone tutorials
Eclipse Apple iPhone
Many years ago when Ma Bell broke up, new phone companies and other related companies started doing things called "Slamming". Recall it was adding features/charges you hadn't asked for. Small recurring charges from places you never heard of. It may have returned.

-----
To answer question the agents in the att stores DO work on commission and they do add features on a lot of times when you start service or do an upgrade with them. These features are usually features where you get a "free trial" of the feature. They usually conveniently "forget" to tell you about adding these and to call in to cancel before the trial ends so you won't be charged. I know this b/c I worked for an att call center and dealt with this on an almost daily basis. But, I never came across a txt msging pkg being added by the agents in the store, but it certainly could happen even though they are supposed to get the customer's permission before adding any features to the account.

No comments: