Saturday, December 25, 2010

Trouble with App Updates

Apple iPhone - Trouble with App Updates



I'm having trouble getting iTunes to update some apps on my phone. Initially the showed that 12 apps needed updating, so I clicked "check for updates" in iTunes as I normally do. Then iTunes brought up 12 apps that it thought should be updated. While clicking on the icons to see what the improvements were, they all disappeared like they do after I've completed an update. Clicking "check for updates" shows that all apps are up-to-date, but clearly they aren't as the versions on the phone don't match the latest ones in the store.

Any ideas? How do I reset this to get iTunes to look again?

iPhone Apps
How to reset Itunes Apple iPhone Apps
I have the same problem. I had dozens of apps with available updates, and now I have none, both in iTunes on the PC and iTunes from my iPhone.

-----
This auto-magically corrected itself late last night. Makes me wonder if Apple turned off updates in the days leading up to Christmas, perhaps to relieve load on their servers. Just speculation...

-----
Or did you update the apps on the phone and forget. If so it may tell you that you need to update them when connected for a sync, and then magically say you don't when it get to that part in the sync.

-----
Nope. Re-read my original post.

No comments: