Sunday, December 5, 2010

xmas ipad??

Apple iPhone - xmas ipad??

I am trying to decide what I want for xmas - ipad or tab.

one question about the ipad. across the bottom it seems to basically have 4
icons across the bottom like the iphone. To me it looks so unsymmetrical, are
users able to put more icons across the bottom or stuck with the four icons?

iPhone iPad
Special for you Xmas Apple iPhone iPad
You can have up to 6

-----
You can put six icons. I don't think you can go wrong with an iPad IMO.

-----
You can do up to 6 in my experience I bought the archos tab & I had a hard time with the android system I sent it back after a week & ordered an iPad I couldn't have made a better decision apple's products are so user friendly that's probably why they sell so well

-----
Keep in mind, that the couple of other "tablets" require an additional contract for a monthly data plan. The iPad is optional even if you buy the 3G model, meaning you can turn it on for a month then turn if it off and only use WiFi for a year, etc. I haven't used one myself but Android fans do like the Samsung Galaxy Tab but it is a big difference than an iPad and about half the total screen size.

-----
What did you find hard about it? Android OS 2.2 works almost identical to how the iPhone and iPad works.

I went from an iPhone to Android EVO and didnt have any problems.

-----
The Archos tablet is nothing like the Samsung, in fact if I remember correctly, it runs Android 1.6

-----
Setting up my email & deleting items maybe it was the archos itself so I won't go blaming android so quickly

-----
I have the iPad 3G and have used the Samsung Tablet and I would say research both and see which has more of the features you want as they are both very different. The current iPad does not have dual cameras and some other things the Galaxy does have but I bet the next iPad will have them if you can wait. There is also the size difference, I like the iPads larger size but my friend with the Samsung wanted more portability. Again its what you need.

If you want a lot of apps including major names, more magazines and support, don't play online games, do video chat like BlogTV or watch a lot of online videos, be tied to iTunes on a computer to activate, backup and get updates, and limited to however much storage you first bought, the iPad is nice.

If you need flash for websites, want less apps but a greater variety of them including adult apps, don't want to be tied to a computer for updates and can backup/sync many things OTA or with the Cloud, need unlimited storage with removable memory cards, the Samsung is nice.

I have the Android EVO and iPad 3G so I can use both app stores.

-----
I can put more than that. And even more in landscape mode.

I don't think that's a major issue in choosing a device. It's what you find more appealing and familiar to you. I presume iOS since this is an iPhone forum. But if you are more comfortable with Android, then get an Android device.

Actually, six (=

No comments: