Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Copy Itunes Library / Multiple Libraries

Apple iPhone - Copy Itunes Library / Multiple Libraries

I have an issue that I know is not unique and I am sure to which there is a simple answer. My itunes library is over 128GB. Yes, I am a pack-rat. On top of that, I have over 50GB more music to add to it. The problem is that I only have around 60GB left on my MBP. The drive is 500GB and I really do not want to invest any more into this laptop.

What I would like to do is copy and synchronize my current library to a network drive. Then be able to access both libraries from iTunes. Once I know that I have the two libraries established, I can start deleting the semi-duplicates from my local drive along with music that I won't likely sync to my iPhone. I can then start adding music to the network library and from there, copy music to my local drive to sync to the iPhone.

As I stated before, there is most likely a simple solution to my issue.

iPhone iTunes
Wow Keren pisan euy Apple iPhone iTunes
The easiest would be just to have the network library then the local machine only has the iTunes files (library index, etc) and point to the network library for the actual files.

-----
These should tell you all you need to know.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1364


http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/moving-your-itunes-library-to\
-a-new-hard-drive/


-----
Another suggestion might be to keep your library on a external drive. That is what I do. My iTunes library rests securely on a 1TB drive. I just plug it up when I want to add/delete/or change my selection of music on my older iPod and iPhone.

Now in all fairness I should say I have very little purchased music from iTunes. My music all 500G is from other sources.

No comments: