Tuesday, December 28, 2010

iPhone sim in iPad

Apple iPhone - iPhone sim in iPad


I picked up the iPad that has the optional cellular ability.

I also have the iPhone 4 with unlimited data.

Was wondering if I can move my iPhone 4 sim to my iPad to get cellular data thus not spending the $14 and change for the cell plan on iPad?

iPhone iPad
Using Apple Sim iPhone Card
Trimming sim card

I will be receiving a new iPhone 4 later this week. I currently have an iPhone 3G. Can I just trim my current sim card to be able to fit in the iPhone's micro sim slot?.

-----
Your new iPhone 4 will come with a SIM card in it. As soon as you activate it, the old SIM will be dead.

-----
I would just use the Micro SIM that comes in the new phone.

-----
The micro SIM is not available in India and so I had to trim my SIM to use the new iPhone 4. There is in fact a video on the net showing how exactly one may do this. It's very simple actually. All one needs to do is to cut around the edges of the metal contact and try and see that it fits into the slot made for it and isn't too small. I made a stencil.

-----
Or you can buy one of those puncher-like trimmers. You just put your sim on it and pull or push a lever and you have a micro sim. I never used it but I see them around.

-----
Yes, you can but be very careful.

-----
I did it manually and it fit in beautifully. Try this


http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-Sim-Card-Cutter-2x-Adapter-iPhone-4G-iPad-/28056473876\
2

-----
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Sim cards free at the att store?

-----
Not in Belgium. The prepaid ones are min 15 Euros with that much talk time.

-----
I order a sim card cutter from eBay with for adapters for less the 20.00, looks and worked very much like a stapler. I've added the link below if your interested in seeing one similar to the one I purchased. Happy Holidays

http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-Sim-Card-Cutter-2x-Adapter-iPhone-4G-iPad-/28056473876\
2

No comments: