Thursday, December 9, 2010

Transmission choppy between wireless headset and iPhone4

Apple iPhone - Transmission choppy between wireless headset and iPhone4

I have a iPhone 4 and use Motorola S9 wireless headsets when I work out. This morning the transmission was choppy. Songs would drop out and come back on and it seemed to be exaggerated as I moved around. Is there a way to fix this transmission issue?

iPhone Bluetooth
For you only Apple iPhone Bluetooth
I have had similar issues with my iPhone 4 and Jawbone ICON. Sometimes everything is fine, and sometimes choppy. I didn't know if it was a problem with the phone or the ICON, but if you are having the same problem with another brand of earpiece, it appears it could the the phone. Maybe a future update
will address this.

-----
I use a Sony wireless headset and it gets choppy when used together with Nike+.

The receiver of the Bluetooth headset is on the right piece, so I transferred the iPhone on the right arm. Problem solved.

-----
That has happened to me when I'm out and about. *I* always felt the BT was getting interrupted by someone else's BT. Seems to happen a lot with bluetooth sets I have used. So I have my motorockers SR9 for around the house and use wired headsets while out and about.

-----
I have a S9-HD headset and the same thing happens.

I talked to Apple, and this is what they said. It works.

Opening settings, general, bluetooth, Motorola S9, and forget the device.
then turn off the bluetooth.
Then turn off the iPhone.
Turn on the iPhone
turn of the bluetooth.
re-syn the headset.

Works..

I've tried to just reboot, nope. I've tried to just re-syn, nope. I've tired to just turn off bluetooth and back on, nope.

So until there is a fix, this is what you have to do.

I happen about once a week for me. Both firmware 4.1 and 4.2.1 do the same thing.

-----
I have the same problem with my Plantronics. The only cure I found was to turn off 3G and WiFi.

No comments: