Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mac Fuse Con-Fusion

Apple iPhone - Mac Fuse Con-Fusion.

Several people wrote in yesterday or the day before about the Mac Fuse promotion. Supposedly one could get it for free through 12/1. I downloaded it and, like the others, found no way to get a free authorization number as promised. I wrote to support and was referred to a page... which was nothing more than there products page. I wrote back asking what I was missing, and received this reply:

" I'm sorry to hear that. Due to constant changes and program enhancements, the free code won't work now and you may need to buy a code to register Phone Disk. However, you may also want to check a 100% freeware called iPhone Explorer. This similarly works like Phone Disk but only differ with their interface. I hope you understand. Thank you. Regards, Graciela "

Well, that's support for you. Whether this was a bait and switch tactic, an honest mistake, or something else, I do not know. But I've removed the program from my Mac and won't be bothering with this company any further. When someone offers something, I think they should facilitate your taking them up on the offer. I will, however, check out iPhone Explorer as suggested, if it's Mac compatible. I will say that Graciela was certainly timely in her responses, if not particularly helpful.

iPhone email
What's going on with Apple iPhone Email
Same Problem here, same email. Check "about Phone Disk" it might say registered as mine did, not sure if it will work passed a certain date.

No comments: