Thursday, December 2, 2010

Copy contacts

Apple iPhone - Copy contacts

Is anyone can help me i want to transfer my contacts from my iPhone to the PC then transfer them back.

iPhone iPhone tutorials How to do Apple iPhone iPhone tutorials You can use microsoft outlook via itunes. Sync your iphone, especialy at the info tab to microsoft outlook. It will copying your contact at iphone to outlook. Then if you want to transfer from outlook to your iphone, do the same steps as before

-----
Is there any other way

-----
Most PC users do not use their Windows Address Book, instead preferring to use Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird, or Gmail, etc. Thus this database is usually empty.

Happily, iTunes is ready to sync your contacts with your Windows Address book. Assuming yours is empty, you can simply sync your iPhone with the Windows Address Book, and all the contacts will show up on your PC. (The checkbox for this action is under the "Info" tab on your iPhone page in iTunes.)

You can also import contacts from other databases as VCards into the Windows Address Book to add back onto your iPhone, but I recommend reviewing them once they're on you iPhone. Most of my 800+ contacts transferred unscathed, but some were strangely merged with others.

-----
Thanks for ur response but i'm using windows 7 and there is no windows address book installed what shall i do ? And i don'f prefer using outlook .

-----
WAB is something that came with Outlook Express, which is *no longer available* since OE is no longer supplied or supported. So unless you already have it from XP (& I don't know if you can somehow import it over into a newer Vista or W7 system), you just *don't have WAB*.

I've never used Outlook (overkill for most home users) or Eudora, can't stand TB, don't even want to think about GMail, etc. LOTS of people are still using OE -- which uses/maintains WAB. I don't know why you think "most" PC users aren't using WAB.

I use Windows Live Mail for email & Usenet; it has a contacts section -- but that does NOT sync with iDevices through iTunes. Apple/iTunes apparently ignores the fact that WAB just isn't *there* anymore except for some old fogey types. I do still have it on my computer since I'm still using WinXP;

I can still access it -- but its days are numbered and new contacts don't get put in there automatically when I use a new email address (for a new contact) through WLM. The only new contacts put in my WAB are the ones I've put on my iPhone & synced to it, or a few I've made specific efforts to add (after remembering that I had to do it that way, it isn't just happening because I've been emailing someone new.)

I don't want everyone on my phone anyway, just a few selected groups.

I have no idea what I'm going to do about contact-list-management if/when I update my system.

Hope to muddle through, I guess.

-----
I am using Win 7 Home and "Contacts" is built in. That is where I backup my contacts. There is no email program built in.

-----
Does iTunes sync to that?
Otherwise how are you backing up your contacts that you enter directly on your phone?

-----
Yes iTunes does sync with Windows Contacts. It is one of the choices that iTunes gives me under "Info" and "Sync Contacts with".

-----
Glad to hear it.

I guess it's just the WLM version it doesn't "get" at least under XP.
I can still use WAB under XP, even though I'm not using OE but was wondering about what would happen if/when I go to Win7.

-----
The same things recommended here work with Outlook 2011 for Mac. In Prefs / Sync Services, set to sync Outlook with Address Book and MobileMe. Seems to work well (so far).

No comments: