Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Minor Podcast Syncing Annoyance

Apple iPhone - Minor Podcast Syncing Annoyance

Perhaps others have solved this issue, but it has me buffaloed.

I have an iPhone 4 that I sync once or twice each day with iTunes on my desktop PC, which runs on Windows XP.

Each time I sync the iPhone with iTunes, it completes the process fine with one exception: One (and only one) podcast that is on my "recently added" list is consistently omitted from the iPhone.

When I immediately sync the phone again, the missing podcast is installed on the iPhone without a problem. So if I want to obtain a full sync with the desktop, I must complete the sync twice.

The date/time of the missing podcast, its size, length or any other detail appears to play no role in which podcast is omitted. However, the missing podcast has been downloaded since my last syncing of the iPhone.

Now admittedly, the world has worse problems than this to contend with, but it is an annoyance. Has someone on this forum has faced this problem and found a solution?

iPhone Syncing
how to do Apple iPhone syncing
The same thing has been happening to me for a while now.

It's got to the point where I often just sync twice in a row to make sure all my new podcasts and videos get synced properly.

No comments: