Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dbf viewer

Apple iPhone - Dbf viewer

I have a large ( 500 MB) database file on my PC.
I want to carry it around on my iphone4 and refer to it.
Which free app will let me view it and can any one guide me how to go about it?

iPhone Apps
The best for you Apple iPhone Apps
I don't know of anything that will open a DBF file (there could be something - Filemaker maybe?) but if you can export it to an Excel sheet you can store it in documents or email and open it natively...

-----
If you can turn it into a PDF file there are also a lot of free PDF reader apps, though I don't know if any of the *free* ones will do such a large file (or how large the file would be as PDF), as well as reading it as email.

-----
I just need to view it.
The editing will be done in dbf file using foxpro since it requires extensive database functions.

-----
FileMaker pro on mac will open dbf file. FileMaker go for iPhone will open and edit the file

No comments: