Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Upgrade to iPhone 4?

Apple iPhone - Should I Upgrade to iPhone 4?

I have the opportunity to get a new iPhone for Christmas. My 3Gs is in good working order, and was swapped out recently, so it probably still has some good life left on it (and is under Apple warranty for another 8 months at any rate), and would be kept as a back up phone. Is the iPhone 4 enough of an improvement for it to be worth getting?

iPhone New
Free Apple iPhone New
I can tell you many will tell you. The jump to the iPhone 4 from 3GS is extraordinary. Really no comparison. I believe many will say. I don't have an iPhone 4, but in threads in the past. Addressing this and the question. Overall, it was resounding yes that it is well worth it.

-----
It's an easy comparison.

The iPhone 4 is better than the 3GS in almost every way.

My personal preference would have been that they NOT put the glass back and the sharp edges on it; I also liked the slightly greater "heft" of the 3GS. But these are not enough to make me want to go back.

The cellular sensitivity is better (in a case); the camera is better; the processor is faster; there is more RAM and potentially more storage; the camera is better even not considering it is 5 mega pixels instead of 3; the 2nd camera is there; and then there is the "Retina" display....


-----
I would think it good idea. However, the new iPhone 5 is only 7 1/2 months away, and seeing as your warranty will cover your 3GS until then, you may want to wait for the iPhone 5 and the inevitable improvements that come with it.

I too have a 32GB 3GS, but personally I am waiting for the iPhone 5. That said, iPhones are updated on a 12-month cycle, and we are exactly half-way through that cycle right now....

-----
No time like the present,
Time waits for no man.
get it now!!!
iPhone 4 was better however software could be downloaded to all 3g. Facetime is great if you need it. All the tech stuff, is great if you use it.

-----
For me the iPhone 4 *is* a vast improvement over the 3G and 3GS. I doubt that you'll hear from many who have a 4 and prefer an earlier model.

But, to each.......

I don't think you'll regret it if you upgrade.

I passed my 3GS along to my wife who enjoys it. (I think she's looking forward to me getting the *next* iPhone so she can have the great camera, display, etc etc on the iPhone 4).

-----
There is no comparison.
If you are happy with 3GS then you will be happiest with 4.
In other words, you will skip the "happier" stage.

No comments: