Sunday, December 5, 2010

Can't move icons folders

Apple iPhone - Can't move icons or folders

I have an iPhone 3GS running on iOS4.1. It's seems to have developed an odd but infuriating issue. I can't move icons or folders anymore. I press on any icon or folder and nothing happens. I've tried resetting all settings. At the moment I have no access to iTunes since my pc died from a hardware issue. I tried googling this and couldn't find anything that helped. Any ideas?

Second question...now that I have a new pc if I hook my phone up to a new copy of iTunes will I lose all my apps, pics, music, etc? Is there any way to save it? I can't put the old hard drive in the new pc as it's not compatible. Any ideas!

iPhone Icon
WOW hot Apple iPhone icon
Try a hard reset of your phone (hold down home and power until you see the apple logo)

As far as moving to a new computer, yes you are going to lose all of your content - to save pictures you can plug in the phone - close iTunes and use either the native Windows Image Importer, Picasa, or iPhoto (if on Mac) and import all photos and videos from the Camera Roll. You can open iTunes, right click on the device and click Transfer Purchases which will copy all of your apps and any content purchased on the phone to that computer (as long as both are authorized on the same iTunes Account.

Aside from that there are a few apps that let you mount your phone as a disk and copy off what you can find - Phone Disk was the one that was free last week, but that promotion has ended. You can Google "Access iPhone Files from Windows (or Mac)" and find compatible programs, some may even have free trials that may let you access what you want to keep.

Once you have done everything you can to get photos/etc from your phone you then sync with the new computer in iTunes and the phone will then be linked with that copy of iTunes / computer.

-----
Tried the hard reset and still nothing. Cant move, remove, or get icons to wiggle. Don't know what else to try or how this happened but it really is a pain!

If I sync my phone with the new pc and restore my apps from my account on iTunes will it restore my saved game files or do I lose those too?

-----
If your "new" PC is a Win 7 PC use the transfer utility to transfer all your files from old to new.

I moved from a XP machine to a Win 7 PC and my iPhone never knew the difference.

No comments: