Friday, December 17, 2010

Broken glass on 3Gs

Apple iPhone - Broken glass on 3Gs

Here's the post that none of us ever wants to make.
BUT, here we go.
The 3Gs was dropped and the screen is shattered. The phone still works. Yeah, I know, this question has been asked here a number of times, but until you actually NEED the information, you (*I*) don't pay particular attention to the answer.

So, who's had good luck with a repair facility?

While I'm tempted to do this myself, I'm going to defer to the people who do it everyday.

iPhone Warranty
How to use Apple iPhone Warranty
I took mine to apple store

Took them 10 min. I think $99

-----
I second that, Apple took care of me and it took them under 20 minutes to replace it.

-----
It was going to be $200 to fix mine at the Apple store, but there was a guy advertising on craigslist for $60. He drove to my place, fixed it in about 10 minutes, and did a great job. Apparently a lot of folks do it as a side business...

-----
Hmmm.
So any thoughts on the cost difference e.g. $99 vs. $200?

-----
I have no idea

The 3GS that I had glass replaces 4 $99 wasn't even in service

I upgraded 2 an ip4. And this was out of use 4 over 3 months?

-----
Mine wasn't under warranty so that may make a difference.

-----
I actually work at a repair company called myphonemd, We can be found on the web at www.myphonemd.net we repair pretty much any phone that we can get parts for, and use quality OEM parts and offer a year warranty on all of our repairs. Our turnaround time on phones such as the 3g and 3gs is 10 minutes with the price being either 79.99 for 3g and 89.99 for 3gs, and iphone 4 is 20 minutes and the cost is 169.99. The iphone 4's are a little harder to repair since you actually have to go into this phone from the back and remove all components to get to the display. The digitizer and LCD are fused together on this one so you cant change just one or the other.

-----
just got to remember, having a third party replace the glass will void the apple warranty - according to their license.

No comments: