Monday, December 6, 2010

Can't pair iPhone to Apple keyboard

Apple iPhone - Can't pair iPhone to Apple keyboard...

ios 4 has support for using a bluetooth keyboard with your iPhone 4. When I turn on bluetooth on my iPhone a 'Devices' panel appears and says 'searching'. It never finds my Apple Bluetooth keyboard though, so I can't pair it. What can I do?

iPhone iOS
Apple iPhone iOS
Same thing happens to me. I didn't know why it is happening. Anybody have suggestions?

-----
Not an expert, but ensure the keyboard is not paired to anything else. If so disconnect, unpair, whatever called. Fresh batteries, installed the correct way. Don't forget to turn the keyboard on. That's what I had to do the last time.

-----
I was able to pair my iPhone 3GS.

Make sure bluetooth turned on in Settings>General

Hold down the power key on the side of your bluetooth keyboard until the small green light starts blinking.

Once you see 'Apple Wireless Keyboard .. Not Paired' under Devices, then select that a message 'Apple Wireless Keyboard' would like to pair with your iPhone .
Enter a pin XXXX

Type in the pin and you should be paired.

Hope this helps. I think the key is to hold down the power key for awhile on the side of the keyboard.

That trick worked when trying to connect my iPad and my iPhone. If you have it hooked via bluetooth to another device like an iPad, you can 'select the keyboard' and then select 'forget this device' to unconnect.

Key is to hold down the power key for awhile on keyboard. Also you can turn bluetooth off and on to reset the bluetooth as well and then hold down the power button on side of keyboard.

No comments: