Saturday, December 25, 2010

Iphone 4 and me.com support problem

Apple iPhone - iphone 4 and me.com support problem



I'm enjoying a new iphone 4 and having a problem with it. I replaced a 3GS, so I did a restore in itunes, after activating the 4 and that appeared to work. My mac.com email address appeared as an account, contacts, ical events and email appears. I have itunes set to sync all three.

I also have an Exchange account and it works fine (email and calendar events are shared and they appear).

However...I can't edit calendar events on the phone even tho both the Exchange and me.com calendars appear as options for display. When I go to add an event, it can only be an exchange event. (On my 3gs, I could select which calendar it went to).

Most importantly, when I go to settings for the MobileMe account, I used to see toggles to activate email, contacts, events and find my phone. None of those toggles appear. The only thing on that appears on that screen is the name of the account. When I select it, the phone goes to a page where you can enter the PW and no other options.

If I delete the account and re-create it, after creating, it shows up as "Inactive". Very odd since it takes my email account name and PW and creates an account. When I return to the Accounts list, it's there along with the Exchange account but underneath in Italics it says Inactive. (My account was extended a few weeks back into 2012, so tI wouldn't think that's the issue)

Any suggestions?
iPhone MobileMe
support mobileme for Apple iPhone mobileme
Alot of people are having issues with mobile me

-----
That is a pretty open ended and unsupported statement. I have seen two people mention it in the last week, and that is it.

-----
ko first I'm sorry for going off another post but I would also have to say I have had problems with it I have never had a 3g only the 4 but when it first came out and my daughter's phone was stolen we downloaded it and used it from the computer had some problems following and tracking would give one area then would jump to a whole another area that it was not even in I mean from Yakima to Seattle or Oregon in a matter of Min's and then when we would use it from my phone it would not want to up date or go to the correct page that we would select to show the correct readings we have not tried it in over a month since we gave up on it but we also did have problems with using it many times

-----
There is an issue with the iPhone's calendar app regarding editing events. It's been there for quite a while now and I've been hoping it gets fixed with the updates, but no.

-----
The third 30+ min. call to Applecare solved it. It was about a confusion of passwords among various Apple systems.

After getting everything working on the new iPhone4, I tried to check FindMyPhone. MobileMe told me (again, as it did a few weeks ago) that I had to change my PW. It included a link to an AppleID website (forgot.xxxxxx). There I entered my Apple ID, drm0223. (As it turns out, what they really need is drm0223@... but it doesn't say that AND it takes the prefix only). Because it took this, it changed ONE of the system PWs, the one needed to get to MobileMe. So I could get into MM for a day BUT, my iPhone didn't recognize this new PW.

The new phone continued to accept the old PW (would reject the new one) BUT the phone didn't quite work right. The MobileMe options (in Settings) didn't even appear! After each of several Restores, the MM options for turning on/off email, contact, events, etc. would appear for a second or a few minutes AND then, right before my eyes, disappear, leaving only the email address and red DELETE button. Really bizarre.

I got a MM person on Chat and they walked me thru this, resetting the PW using the full email address as the ID. Everything is working fine. Of course I had to change that PW on the System Preferences on all my desktop/laptop machines.

But it looks like it's working now.

I never had my 3GS sync'ing w/MM over the air before and now that's working as well, so I'm step ahead of the game.

No comments: