Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Syncing: Combine, or

Apple iPhone - Syncing: Combine, or

Let's say I have an iPhone that I've never synced with my laptop iTunes or any other computer. I have ten songs on my iPhone, and ten totally different songs on my laptop. I decide to finally sync the iPhone with the laptop (I have "Sync songs" checked.) Does iTunes combine both libraries, so that the iPhone and the laptop both end up with 20 songs? Or does iTunes transfer the ten-song library from one device to the other, deleting whatever was on that device originally?

iPhone Syncing
The best How to Apple iPhone syncing
Media are synced one way, from iTunes to iPhone (or iPod): the 10 songs in iTunes will replace the 10 on the phone. IOW it's not a true sync.

I'm not sure if using a manual sync avoids this.

-----
If you create a play list on iTunes...then add it to the ipod/phone...wouldn't it just copy over the playlist?

-----

No comments: