Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Latest upgrade won't recognize printer

Apple iPhone - Latest upgrade won't recognize printer

My MacBook Pro, purchased about 6 months ago, worked great with my Canon Pixma ip9O portible printer until the latest OS update. Now my computer says I have to reinstall a driver. When I reinstalled from CD, it still didn't show up under printers. Does this mean my printer is no longer supported? Unfortunately a new portible printer costs about $400.00! (Fortunately I found I can still print from my old iBook.) Is the printer upgrade required so I will be able to air print from my iPhone 4, running latest version? Might be worth cost of new printer then.

iPhone Printer
Have you used Apple iPhone Printer
First I would check on the Canon site to see if they have any new updates for your old printer. That might be all you need to install.

You can also check out Printopia software for $10 that will allow printing using airprint from your iphone to most printers. They have a demo version that you can try out to see if it would work with your iphone and your old printer. Also make sure your printer is shared in your preferences settings on your Mac.

No comments: