Sunday, December 5, 2010

No Sim card

Apple iPhone - No Sim card

I just purchased my iPhone 4 from Apple store today It came with no SIM card so until I get one, I cannot do anything with my phone I tried syncing with iTunes but no go.

1st Am I right thinking that I need to get SIM service from a provider before I can do anything

2nd When the SIM card expire will the WIFI part of the iPhone still work or do I need to have an uptodate SIM card

iPhone SIM Card
What s happen with your Apple iPhone SIM Card
You should be able to use the phone without a SIM. I haven't tried it on i4 but I have used iPhone, 3G, and 3GS phones without sims.

-----
I have never heard of an iPhone not working when it left the store. In the U.S. this is always the case.

-----
I am getting message
No SIM Card installed
Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate phone

-----
Right to activate the phone, but you can still use everything but the actual phone (make/receive calls) - I think Canada sells the phones unlocked and lets you choose carrier but I thought that the Apple Store would let you choose a carrier and set it up for you before you leave. If buy an iPhone in the store or have it delivered to you in the states it comes with an AT&T SIM card in it and is activated when you turn it on.

-----
Yes if you buy from Apple it is unlocked and you have a choice of carrier, and they all have there own SIM card

I will get a carrier to set it up tomorrow and see after if I can make it work without a SIM card

-----
An iphone4 requires a micro sim, even if you buy an unlocked one from a store by paying full price. However, the sim need not be without pin. I bought one in Belgium and got micro sim from a carrier although it is pin locked but I use public hotspot.

-----
Got a SIM card today and iPhone is working fine now

No comments: