Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mailing an iPhone

Apple iPhone email - Mailing an iPhone

I bought an iPhone 4 and now I wish to mail my old iPhone 3G to my son for him to use as an iPod Touch.

The Post Office says the safe way to mail is to remove batteries from gadgets.

My question is does the no-battery rule pertain to iPhones?

Do you think the Post Office will allow an iPhone to go through their mail system?

iPhone Email
How to use Apple iPhone Email
I don't see where that would be a problem. iPhones as well as as other cell phones are mailed out by many carriers and providers all of the time.

-----
Yes you can just mail it. These things travel the world with batteries in them everyday.

-----
one suggestion...
Try to put it in an antistatic bag.

-----
In addition, iPhone's battery is soldered. It cannot be removed...hence, safe to ship

-----
iPhones batteries are not soldered but they do require you to remove the screen and the board to get to them. They are stuck to the housing by an adhesive. I've actually changed out hundreds of batteries as well as dock ports, screens, cameras etc. It can be done just not recommended if your not familiar with the internal components of the device. The iPod touch batteries and the first gen iPhone batteries on the other hand are soldered.

No comments: