Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mophie 6000 belt holster

Apple iPhone - Mophie 6000 belt holster



If you have an otterbox for your iphone 4 and you do not like the clip style holster there is one nice alternative that I found out by accident.

I have a leather holster that I ordered from mophie for my juice pak air. It's the model 6000

It holds your otterbox defender perfectly.

iPhone Mophie
Apple iPhone Mophie
I thought about getting it, but it has a spring clip that does not lock to my belt as the Otter box clip does. I have lost phones with spring clips before.

-----
I used to work around heavy equipment and climb 230 foot towers and I have only dropped a phone twice with a belt clip in 5 years. Both times it caught on the seatbelt leaving my pickup, because I wear it on the left side. Now this is with a chromed belt clip. This is the holster I use with my 2 year old iPhone, that has never been dropped. I think it was the antenna on the Treo that was catching.

Since the Mophie uses a leather covered metal slip. Take it to a shoe repair and for less than $5 and have them stitch it into a belt loop. You will probably have it done and walk out in minutes. Of course the hard part will be finding a shoe repair shop, but you won't drop your phone or holster.

-----
How does the model 6000 attach to your belt? Does it use a belt clip? I'm always concerned about it slipping up and off my belt.

-----
Got a better option, go to AMAZON and get the Treo 650 holster, and they have not only the belt clip, there are some models with LOOPS too. Thread your belt through the loops, no worries.

-----
Or for those who jeans and not slacks, go find a CLC cell holster, made of ballistic nylon with elastic side panels. They last many years and stretch to fit phones up to about 5.5" tall. It has a metal belt clip, on top of a 1.5 wide nylon loop. CLC makes tool bags and tool belts so look in hardware stores.

One caution, if the phone or case is painted plastic or has that rubbery coating, the holster will rub it off the phone with long use. The edging on the holster wore off the paint on my Treo 650 around the "ear piece" after 3 years.

I use a Griffin Elan case with leather on my iPhone and after about 2 years I see no wear from the holster.

-----

No comments: