Monday, January 31, 2011

AT&T new texting plan

Apple iPhone - AT&T new texting plan



Thank Goodness that AT&T finally has a different texting package. I have been asking them for a while.

They only had 200 texts for $5.00, 1500 texts for $15.00 or unlimited texts for $20. (these are single line prices) Now apparently they have done away with the $15 plan and added 1000 texts for $10. I only use 500-700 a month and hated paying $15 and only using half of them.

So, check it out on your account if you are like me and don't need the 1500 texts but need more than the 200. Yippee! lol.

BTW, I am in Kentucky. Maybe they haven't changed yet for all areas.

iPhone ATT
Apple iPhone ATT
I *loathe* texting, but occasionally I'm in a situation where I do a lot of it. So ordinarily I don't even use 200 texts, but there have been times when I went over. I solved that with an app called Textfree -- you can send all the texts you like at no charge. The only down side is you can't send photos.

-----
Anne...I use textfree and gmail...i do believe wth the new textfree u CAN send photos! :)

-----
That could very well be. Ordinarily I text so seldom that Textfree sends me messages reminding me that I haven't used my Textfree number in weeks.

-----
Text Now also gives me a warning that I haven't used my number. So I send myself a text takes a second and keeps the account active.

-----
Thank you for mentioning the new text plan. I was on the unlimited I(because I text more than 200 a month) but certainly won't use 1000 texts a month, so even saving $10 a month is great. I am very new to the iphone. Bought a 3G in early December. I couldn't see a reason to get a 4G when I don't even know what all the 3G can do. Sure don't need 2 cameras. ;-) Anyway, I have a 2 year contract with ATT so I can't upgrade or change anything about the phone until Dec. 2012, right? I never texted on my old cell phone so it is fun texting friends of mine.

-----
Your upgrade date is rarely the same as your contract renewal date. If your monthly line charge is greater than $100 and in good standing you can upgrade every 12 months. If you are on a secondary line (IE pay $9.99/mo + data plan) your upgrade is likely every 16-20 months (depending on total account charges per month and account standing). They want to keep you locked into a contract so they (have) let you get a new phone before contract expires so that you renew it for 2 more years....

-----
I can vouch for that. I don't use Textfree, but I regularly communicate with someone who does, and she texts me photos.

-----
I find Text Now which also works great. Picture messaging and text messaging. They give you a free number in your area code.

-----
And I most of the time don't need 200 texts, so thankfully they have left me grandfathered in to that package.

Highway robbery that it is. Texting cost them virtually nothing since it uses the transmissions to announce the phone to the local tower.

-----
I was curious so I downloaded the text free with voice. It's nice because there are some countries you can text for free. BUT does this mean I need to get my friends in those countries to download text free also? Because otherwise they still have to pay to send a text to me, right?

-----
Your use of a free texting app isn't going to affect your friends. If they pay for texts, that won't change unless they use a free texting app as well.

-----
It's only only free for the one that sends the text.

No comments: