Sunday, January 23, 2011

SMS City billing alert

Apple iPhone - SMS City billing alert



I recently noticed that my AT&T wireless bill showed a monthly charge of $21.19 (including tax). I didn't remember subscribing to any thing like this. In response, AT&T said it was a third party charge, they looked into it and then offered to cancel the billing and refund both months that I had been charged. AT&T was really responsive on this. Just wanted to remind you all to carefully review your account statements.

iPhone ATT
Apple iPhone ATT
Also on occasion I find AT&T adding features on me that I didn't ask for. So I have to call to cancel them for a refund.

-----
Hrm, the only time this ever happened was when I put a SIM card from a non-iPhone line into an iPhone for an afternoon (when I was waiting on my 4 and my 3GS had been switched I used another line on our account's SIM until it was delivered) and they added a data plan so I had to call have it removed and give them the IMEI, S/N, etc from the 'plain' phone on that line....

-----
Yes, I found the same thing on mine and have no idea where it came from but they refunded it kindly enough.

-----
Who was the third party, and why were they able to add a re-occuring charge to your bill? AT&T should be able to identify it for you.

No comments: