Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Verizon iPhone sim card

Apple iPhone - Verizon iPhone



Since I am a Verizon subscriber and Verizon is going to be releasing its own version of iPhone I am considering getting it but I have several questions about it.

1. Will it have a SIM card like AT&T iPhone?

2. Can the iPhone be unlocked and be used with a different (local) SIM card or is it locked to that particular SIM card.

The reason that I am asking is that when we traveled to Europe last summer my Verizon/Motorola phone was useless outside USA since it did not have a SIM card. Since Verizon uses different technology (CDMA) than its competitors I relied on my wife's T-Mobile phone. After unlocking and buying a local SIM card it was ready to use.

Will I be able to do the same thing as I did with my wife's T-mobile phone after unlocking and putting a local SIM card or will the phone try to reset itself to a new #/SIM card and do the same thing again once I put the original SIM card back into the phone after coming back to USA.

When I was in the Verizon store last week I was told that some of their Blacberry's and Droids have SIM card. Since they do, do those phones work on a duel system since Verizon uses CDMA technology.

iPhone Sim Card
Apple iPhone Sim Card
The Verizon iPhone does not have a SIM card, and it is not a world phone. Your experience with overseas travel will be the same as with your old Verizon phone.

-----
Same answers here, as you got on the iomug list. Asking here, won't change the answer you got there.

The Verizon iPhone will be CDMA, will not have a SIM card and won't work in Europe.

No comments: