Wednesday, January 26, 2011

att unlimited loophole

Apple iPhone - att unlimited loophole



In an unadvertised loophole, AT&T has allowed subscribers who have had an unlimited data plan in the past to switch back. That includes anyone who had an iPhone before June, when the limited plans took effect.

iPhone ATT
Apple iPhone ATT
I wonder if this also applies to those who chose to get tethering. If so, can I pay for tethering and keep the unlimited plan.

-----
I doubt it. Even before they went to tiered pricing. They would not let me keep unlimited

I kept it. Tethering would be nice. But not giving up my unlimited.

-----
Has Verizon even officially announced the data plans? I'm just seeing quotes of rumors.

-----
Yes, Unlimited Data for $29.99 but is announced as a promo only.

-----
When I saw the post, I called AT&T. The representative said they are only doing it under certain circumstances, but not for everyone, and I was not able to do it. Any hints on what to say if I call and ask again? I am truly sorry I switched to a limited data plan.

-----
I would threaten to leave and go to Verizon. I don't think AT&T wants to lose anymore subscriber.

-----
From the beginning, I've thought that it was unfair to penalize the entire country for problems in San Francisco and New York. It would have been better to put users there on data limited plans and leave the rest of us alone. Maybe that is the "special circumstances" where you can switch back - if they know you won't cause congestion where their network capacity is low.

As for Verizon "unlimited" - notice that it is for a limited time only: BAIT AND SWITCH. Never, ever, listen to these limited time only offers or rates. Always check and see what it will be after the initial 3 months or whatever the term is. You might just get sticker shock - because you will be on the limited / standard rate for a heck of a lot longer than you will be the introductory rate. Just saying - be smart - not a sucker.

No comments: