Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tivo to iPhone

Apple iPhone - Tivo to iPhone



I have transferred a recording from my TiVo to my Mac using Toast 10 Titanium TiVo transfer but cannot figure out how to get that recording onto my iPhone so that I can watch the recording at a later time. Is there a way to get it into iTunes?

iPhone Tivo
Apple iPhone Tivo
This subject may be a matter of copyright violation.

I am not familiar with "Toast 10 Titanium TiVo transfer", so I don't know what form it leaves it in. There is probably DRM protection, probably MacroVision. This may prevent you from going further.

If you have it in a digital version, it maybe too large to move to your iPhone. You can use an app like Handbrake to change it to a digital version that is appropriate for your iDevice.

-----
Thanks for the reply. I did a bit of further research and found a free program that does exactly what I need to get TiVo recordings onto my iPhone. Sweet little program that I found pretty easy to use.

http://code.google.com/p/itivo/

-----
You can transfer directly to iTunes and then sync with the iPhone.

In the Tivo Transfer (I'm assuming this is still it, I have an older version of Toast), select Toast It. This will launch the DVD burning application. In that app, select all the recordings you want to put into iTunes and select Export rather than Burn. When you select Export, it will give you multiple options on how you want to export it - i.e. for Apple TV, iPhone, iPods, etc.

No comments: