Saturday, January 8, 2011

Buying apps

Apple iPhone - Buying apps



I don´t know if it has been asked before:

I'm just curious, I have purchased apps for my iPhone at the app store thru iTunes. If I format my computer, or get a new iPhone, in other words, erase any records I have about that purchase, will I have the right to download the same software again, using, of course, the same login/pass I used to create my account and buy that software? Or I will have to pay again?

iPhone Apps
Apple iPhone Apps
They're yours for ever and ever. So long as you have the same user account.

-----
New iPhone is easy…when you login to iTunes you will sync everything to the new phone.

New computer can be more challenging because of these darn libraries …so you need to make sure you have the iTunes library backed up and ready to upload to a new computer.

-----
Before you sell your Mac (or pc) or send it in for repairs it is a good idea to open iTunes and de-authorize the Mac (or pc). You can have a maximum of 5 computers authorized on one iTunes account at one time.

-----
Yes...you must not forget to de-authorize the computer when selling it or formatting.

I've heard that you can have up to 5 computer authorized at once and in case you have no control over those computers, you can de-authorize all of them at the same time, but only once a year on your account at iTunes...

Is it true?

-----
Yes, all that is true.

I just deauthorized all 5 and then reauthorized. In the process I discovered that I have 2 iTunes IDs with different passwords - something I wasn't aware of!

-----
Yes

The folder /My Documents/My Music/Itunes (windows xp)..has it all...back it up all the time.

-----
Another question...even if I intentionally delete the app from the iphone and itunes...

will it also give-up my rights over my purchase or it still be mine as long as I have the account?

-----
It is still yours

No comments: