Sunday, January 30, 2011

iPhone 5

Apple iPhone - iPhone 5



I'm debating about buying the iPhone 4 or waiting for the iPhone 5. Is it a sure thing that the iPhone 5 will be out this summer or is it still a rumor.

iPhone 5Apple iPhone 5 Until actually announced it will be just a rumor. That being said, Apple traditionally adheres to a general product release schedule which would put the iPhone 5 available in late second quarter or early third quarter.

-----
New iPhones shipped in June, 2007, in July, 2008, in June, 2009, and in June, 2010.

-----
So the iPhone 5 should be out in 5 months!!! I love my iPhone 4 so I don't know if I will upgrade right away. It's got to be a revolutionary change or I wait.

-----
So far, I've upgraded every year. Having a new phone basically funded by sale of the previous phone, I never have a phone out of warranty and a brand new battery each year. Oh ya, I get new features each time too... lol.

-----
I have a feeling, since the iPhone 4 has yet to be software unlocked and it is available on Verizon that we aren't going to be able to get as much this year. Not saying that a phone in good condition will not be worth at least the subsidized price we paid but I don't think we will be able to sell them at the higher prices this time....

-----
How do you sell your iPhone 5?

-----
I've sold them successfully both on Craig's List and on eBay. One person I sold via CL told me he'd been robbed by someone during a CL sale, so I usually offer to meet at the local Apple Store to validate the phone is in good shape, etc.

-----
I never considered selling my 3GS when I upgrade to 5 (at some point, hopefully this Summer). That's a great idea!

(1) May I please ask how much you were able to get for your 3GS?

(2) Also, what does one have to do to wipe out their phone before they are selling the phone to someone?

-----
I don't think the 3Gs will be worth much when the 5 comes out... It will be 2 model years old. I was going to keep mine as a backup since I think I've missed my window of opportunity. The used market will probably be significant on the 4 when the newer model debuts.

Now I was dumb to keep the 3Gs as I was holding out for the broken promise of a white one. Won't do that again...

-----
I believe I got around 350 for the phone, but that was almost a year ago. One of the best things to do is search recent completed listings on eBay for your model. It should give you an idea of what you can expect to get for it today. You can wipe the phone via Settings/General/Reset menu.

-----
Or pass it on to a friend or relative?

-----
how do work your contract? Do you have to add a line to get a new device or just extend for two more years?

-----
I guess I should have explained that better. I have 4 lines on my family plan with 2 usually renewing in alternate years, so each year I can use one of those eligibilities to get the new iPhone for my number.

No comments: