Monday, January 24, 2011

iPhone Calendar application, repeat by variable day

Apple iPhone - iPhone Calendar application that allows event repeat by variable day



I am looking for an calendar application that I can have a repeatable event in a preset number of days. Example "lunch every 8 days". Does anyone know of such an application? Also entering the event in plain language would be great. Example "Hair Cut Feb 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM".

iPhone Calendar
Apple iPhone Calendar
Check out pocket informant. There are others but that is the one I use.

-----
So you are saying I can have a repeat event every 10 days or even 3 days?

-----
I use Pocket Informant and the answer is yes. You can adjust the flexibility of repeating events to as many days, weeks, years you want or need.

-----
I also use Pocket Informant and find it very good. Don't know of any Calendar app that would allow plan language entry.

-----
I use Saisuke with Google calendar. Saisuke and Google Calendar both let you do the custom repeats. They are very flexible with scheduling. It's a bit pricey for an app at $9.99 but in my opinion VERY worth it if you depend on a custom calendar.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/saisuke-google-calendar-sync/id289228987?mt=8

They also have a lite version to try before you buy:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/saisuke-free-google-calendar/id294196179?mt=8

-----
Thanks for the tip, I tried the free, and jumped to the paid version within minutes. Great app. I did get a little screwed up with double listings. But turned the iPhone calendar off in the App settings. So far this is fantastic. I also use an app called QuickCal which allows me to enter plain text such as Hair Cut tomorrow at 4:00 PM. And it will end up in the Saisuke app.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want a simpler solution and don't want to have a separate calendar app, look at Calendar Event Pro. It adds all the custom recurrence and alert functionality you need to the native iPhone Calendar app. And it's $0.99.

iPhone/iPod Touch: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calendar-event-pro/id425820450?mt=8

iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/calendar-event-pro-2/id443037531?mt=8