Sunday, January 30, 2011

Navigon navigation software

Apple iPhone - Navigon navigation software



Has anyone experience with this application?
Feedback?

iPhone GPS
Apple iPhone GPS
I'm a vision impaired iPhone user and most VIP's use Navigon as it gives turning info in plenty of time before the turn. (Yes you read that correctly - most blind people with an iPhone use Navigon - you didn't know your iPhone had speech on it, or magnification? Have a look in Settings > General > Accessibility)

VIP's are also using TomTom but that tends to give the intended info on or after the turn - this could be due to the speed being too slow I suppose.

-----
I knew that....
What I didn't know is that most blind people drive....

-----
Well actually a lot of blind people like to check their driver is taking the right route! Lol But seriously Navigon can be used for walking as well.

-----
I love the Navigon app. it has completely replaced my TomTom device in my car. It is great. Accurate. Good graphics. Easy to use. It even tells you the local speed limit! I bought it last summer when it went on sale.

-----
does it announce speed cameras?

-----
Why didn't you just get the TomTom app then? I think TomTom app is better than Navigon app.

-----
Navigon is a very good application. But the price is very high!!!!

-----
I disagree.

The price for Navigon (or TomTom, for that matter), is quite inexpensive for a fully functional GPS unit. Free-standing ones of comparable quality sell for 3-5 times the price.

No comments: