Sunday, January 2, 2011

No 3G service

Apple iPhone - No 3G service



For that last few days my phone doesn't pick up a 3g signal just the slow edge network. Is anyone else having this issue? I live in Michigan.. I seen a message from AT&T in my account that said there was a carrier update to update the MMS features however I go there and no update available.

iPhone ATT
BMW Girl with signal of Apple iPhone ATT
On the very rare occasions it happens to me, I turn the iPhone off. Then on. And 3G is back

Not very technical but if works for me in NJ.

-----
Thanks... I the past when this has happened I did the same thing... This time that's not working I even synced and that didn't help

-----
Mine did the same thing. I called ATT and they walked me through a few steps (which I can't remember) and performed some magic on their end. All was well.

Give 'em a call but have something to read while you're on hold.

-----
Are you saying not cellular service or no 3G?

They don't have 3G everywhere. I used to work in a metal roofed building just outside Denver. Their cellular service was horrible in Denver and all of Colorado, but under that metal roof, your chances were slim to none and if a HCAV fan turned on, forget it completely.

The comment on cycling Airport mode forces it to search again.

Also, get the free App AT&T Mark the Spot and report these to AT&T. They can't fix it if they don't know they have a problem.

I used to travel for work to "wide spots in the middle of the road" or some farmers far field. I was happy to have any signal there, let alone 3G.

-----
And for me here in S. fla...in fact..my gym is known to be a 'no fly zone'...and if i don't restart after leaving that building of torture...my next call invariably drops.

-----
Next time, try turning airplane mode on, wait a moment, then turn it off. This may correct your reception just as well, and it's easier and faster.

-----
Instead of turning off the phone and back on, you can just switch it to airplane mode then back out of it.

That is all that is actually needed.

No comments: