Monday, January 24, 2011

App, maps nearby contacts

Apple iPhone - app that maps your nearby contacts



Is there any app that will map my nearby contacts?

To elaborate on what I mean: I open an app on the iPhone, it locates me, then looks at my contacts and shows my location on a map and shows those of my contacts that are near my current location on the map.

iPhone Apps
Apple iPhone Apps
Google latitude works well to see where your friends are. They also have to have Latitude and give you permission to see their location.

-----
I mean it is the addresses in the iPhone Contacts app that I would like to see on a map nearby my current location. Stores, restaurants, people, companies, whatever.

-----
That would be great but personal contacts don't stay in the same location like businesses do.

-----
There used to be one for Android. Should be out for Iphone any day. The logic it uses is GPS co-ordinates of online users are uoloaded in any case as cell address by mobile service operators. If your contact list has mobile numbers then they can be checked if they are in the same or adjoing cells, provided the cell copanies share that info. For same cell company it is very easy.

No comments: