Friday, January 14, 2011

Listen to Radio

Apple iPhone - Listen to Radio



Is there a way to listen to a radio station on a 3G if the station doesn't have an online site?

iPhone Radio
Apple iPhone Radio
A couple of hundred stations do have dedicated iPhone apps, it is wonderful to have a "one tap" icon on the screen and get a distant station when I am driving. Radio networks such as Clear Channel have applications that let you select the city and station, but of course those are unworkable while you are driving.

If the station has no online presence at all, you are out of luck - but - the iPhone is rumored to already have an FM chip embedded. We can hope that IOS 4.3 will activate it. The last I heard, Apple was holding back until they could find a way for the user to tag a song and buy it in iTunes. But I hope they abandon that and just let us use the radio.

-----
Try the iHeart radio App.

-----
I recommend Pocket Tunes!
Also Wunder Radio is good.
I prefer Sirius XM app!

-----
Try the Tunein Radio app. :)

-----
Try tunein radio

-----
Download the Radio Caroline App. Best station in the world.

-----
Downloaded Pocket Tunes for my iPhone 3Gs and it failed multiple times in Irvine, CA, on a 19 mile bicycle ride. Had to stop and reset. It works fine in my house with our WiFi network.

I believe this is due to the really bad AT&T network locally. I've complained a number of times and always they tell me, We're trying to upgrade the network. Maybe so, but it's still bad.

BTW, I'm an XM/Sirius customer, and that company still wants $2.99 per month for service using the app on the iPhone. Anything to squeeze the customer for more money.

-----
You can pay a one time fee if you want.

I too am a subscriber.

I am a lifetime member so online is free which I can do from Pocket Tunes.

But for the custom Sirius XM app I had to pay extra.

No comments: