Thursday, January 13, 2011

Verizon Mifi box, vrs now iPhone with hotspot

Apple iPhone - Verizon Mifi box, vrs now iPhone with hotspot



My question is, will the speed be just as good using the iPhone as a Hotspot vrs using a MiFi Box.

I just got my Mifi box a few weeks ago, and its still returnable LOL

iPhone Verizon
Apple iPhone Verizon
Yes, speed is same but keep in mind CDMA limitation is that you can NOT use data and voice at same time so if you have devices tethered you can not get calls OR if you get a call your data connection will drop - it is not sure yet how this will work, I have had both experiences using Hot Spot feature on my Android device...

-----
sounds to me like its better to keep my MiFi box and stay with AT and T

-----
How can anyone know how the new gear will perform before it's even on the market?

-----
I already have wifi hotspot capability on my Palm Pre Plus, on Verizon. It works great -- and it's free, up to 5 Gb per month. I use it fairly frequently with my ipod touch when I'm on the road and need to check something.

-----
It depends on two things: How good of a connection you get, and how much data you're going to need. AT&T's data plan caps out at 2GB, unless you were able to "grandfather" with the unlimited plan, which won't allow tethering. Verizon's limit is 5GB.

Speed and connection may vary depending on where you are. Where we use our Verizon MiFi in rural southern Indiana, my AT&T connection is total crap but the Verizon connection is fantastic. My husband's work-provided phone is Verizon, and so far we haven't found anywhere in Indiana where he doesn't get a far faster connection than my AT&T iPhone. But I've heard people in other states say the opposite, so YMMV.

No comments: