Sunday, August 15, 2010

Should we update 3G iphones to OS 4 ?

Apple iphone - Should we update 3G iphones to OS 4 ?

I bought an iphone 4. I had been waiting for it so I did not upgrade to the 3GS in the interim. My husband still has his 3g, and I was thinking of giving my old one to my daughter. I have not upgraded either of them to OS 4 as I saw several posts about problems and slow performance. Is that still the case?

Neither my husband or my daughter will be multitasking much so I don't know if it matters.

iPhone iOS
Apple iPhone
3gs should not have any problems.

I personally have the 3gs and have upgraded with no problems after I having to reset it. In fact I am getting more battery life out of it now.

-----
I can't speak for others, but my 3G became as slow as molasses in winter after the upgrade. Fortunately, Apple replaced the phone for other reasons, and the replacement 3G had 3.02 in it. I have NOT upgraded to iOS4 and don't plan to unless and until I get an iPhone 4.

-----
My 3g (or is it a 3gs, can't remember!) has also been as slow as molasses after the upgrade to iOS4. yuck!

-----
if your 3g has old baseband then revert back. ios 4.0.1 is very bad, slow and killing.

-----
4.1 which 'fixes' the problem according to yesterday's keynote will be out next week.

No comments: