Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wipe iPhone 3G for resale

Apple iPhone - Wipe iPhone 3G for resale

I am seeling my 3G iPhone.

Connected to iTunes, says new version of Software 402 is available, download and then Click Restore to Original.

iPhone starts up, then wants a SIM Card to be authorised.

I don¹t have a full size SIM anymore? How can I get past this Authorisation Barrier?

iPhone Syncing
in Progress Apple iPhone Syncing
Don't worry just let next person sync it with there sim card. All they have to do is connect to computer with sim in.

-----
If you are worried about leaving info on it, use Settings > General > Reset

-----
While the iPhone is in the emergency Mode, you cannot get past the startup screen, that says connect to iTunes and authorise this phone or similar wording.

What I ended up doing was putting my old SIM Card in, then connecting to iTunes, A message came up the the iPhone was unlocked and wait for the authorisation to proceed.

Then the iPhone opened ok and I could see there was no content on it.

No comments: