Thursday, August 12, 2010

Apple's Free Case

Apple iPhone - Apple's Free Case

I got the email cofirmation about shipment the other day. I did'nt even bother checking the tracking info and the case arrived today.. Was'nt supposed to ship till August 29th and arrive Sept 5th.

I got the SPECK FITTED Case and VERY VERY nice. Thank You, Apple :)

iPhone Case
Tattoos girl Apple iphone case
I got the bumper and was refunded so I can't really complain BUT the lighter part of the 2 tone color ( the matte finish) really stains/discolors quickly! Mine is light blue. I REALLY like the bumpers design (I mentioned in an earlier post that is much more substantial than I guessed). Anyone else noticing this?

Maybe in the future it will be made with the shiny part only!

-----
My bumper is black and looks fine. Try a black one then.

-----
I just got a black bumper that a friend gave me because his favorite headphones don't work with it (thickness bars plug). If I'm understanding what you call the "matte" part, that seems to be a softer material/plastic with a high coefficient of friction. Besides just offering shock protection this also acts to prevent the unit from sliding better. I find this works well in at least two ways.

1. When you set the unit down on a hard surface that is not level the device is less prone to slide off. The harder "center" material on the bumper wouldn't work well this way.

2.Also, this comes in handy when I'm using gCompass (a great auto compass app) in the Heads Up Display (HUD) mode to reflect the compass and speed off the windshield at night. The softer bumper material gives enough friction at the edges to prevent the iPhone from sliding on the dash when making turns. So keeping the unit from sliding around on the dash or cosole when I'm using it in the car is a great feature of the soft edge.

Unfortunately, a soft edge because of the 'grippy-ness" (if I can coin a term) will also tend to pick up stains as well. If you made it hard enough to be stain proof it would likely not have any lateral "grip" either. Fortunately, black is a good color as most stains tend to be dark and won't show.

-----
You are right!! Makes complete sense. I like the blue color and the pink but if the staining continues I'll get the black!

No comments: