Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Block a person's number

Apple iPhonoe - How to block a person's number

Is there a way that I can block a person's number instead of changing my number altogether??

iPhone Tutorial
Girl of Apple iPhone Tutorial
Unfortunately not... You can set that contact to a silent ringtone but there isn't much else you can do. You might look into google voice you can get a little more control that way, but this is a big fall down for me with the iPhone.

You can also go through AT&T and they have some blocking mechanism that costs about 5 bucks a month which might help you.

The last resort I would use is changing my number. I've had the number longer than the jerk whose number you're blocking...

-----
I had to block daily calls from 000-000-0000 by paying 4.99 per month for a
feature called Smart limits which AT&T will be glad to sell you.

It was intended to monitor and control kids cell phone use.

-----
My other phone, an O2 Windows Mobile, can do it via an app called O2 phone plus. But I found no luck with iPhone. I just assigned a silent ringtone. But it's not good enough especially when you are in the middle of an activity with the phone and that unwanted caller suddenly butts in, but I do not want to touch "Reject". I sure hope Apple people would think about that for the next update.

-----

No comments: