Monday, August 16, 2010

Otterbox for iPhone 4

Apple iPhone - Otterbox for iPhone 4

Was curious to see if anyone who got the otterbox for iPhone 4 notices the hole
for the headphones does not at all lineup to the hole on the iPhone ?

iPhone 4
Ms Hot and Funny Pocket Ex Girl friend Apple iPhone 4
Oh no, don't tell me that. I just got mine Saturday and was so happy that my charger fit without problems that I didn't check out the rest of it.

-----
Other users please chime in on this one.

I'm considering the Otterbox but will not buy it if there's an issue.

-----
I have an Otterbox on my iPod Touch and all the holes line up fine. Not seeing yours I can't comment. The iPone 4 is new so there may be teething problems. I like my Defender so much that I would take the chance and make minor adjustments with an x-acto knife if I had to.

----
Isn't the secondary microphone, the one that's supposed to measure the ambient noise while you're on the phone, next to the headphone jack? It looks like the hole is lined up with that. I think it's to not block the sound for ambient noise rather than to plug headphones in with the flap closed.

I've noticed closing the flaps is a little more intensive than the 3G/3Gs Otterbox. It takes a little getting used to to get the flaps lined up in the tracks. But the overall design is much sleeker than the bulky 3G/3Gs model.

-----
I just received my Otterbox in the mail and installed it. If you notice, the hole that you are thinking is for the headphone jack is actually for the top microphone (the little small hole next to the headphone jack). In order to access the headphone jack, open the flap that the hole is in. Then you have full access to it. So far, I am very pleased with the Defender overall. The belt clip/holster holds the phone much more securely, with a latch that has to be released in order for the phone to be removed. Looks like it will take a little getting used to to do it swiftly with one hand, but not bad. As far as the case itself, Apple didn't leave much room around the screen for cases to play with, so the rubber bumper on the sides of the screen is pretty thin. I can see that perhaps if one were careless with the amount of "stretch" they used on these areas in the application and removal of the rubber skin, these places could break. Time will tell. Overall, a nice case, though.

No comments: