Saturday, August 14, 2010

64G 3G iPad

Apple iPhone - 64G 3G iPad

I bought a 64G 3G iPad from Best Buy tonight. I'm synching with iTunes & it looks like my iPhone apps migrated to the iPad. I thought I had to buy them again. Is this right? My iPad is still synching, so I have not tried to use any yet.

Can I use my iPhone car charger for the iPad? I have to go to the AT&T store tomorrow to sign up for 3G service for a month, so if I also need a charger, I'll get one then.

iPhone iPad
Pre order apple iphone ipad
iPhone apps run fine on iPad just sync. The iPad uses a lot of current so most iPhone charges only trickle charge it. It the truck the iPad lasts me a week so shouldn't need recharging that often. You should do at least do a day of very heavy usage.

-----
Absolutely. You are able to load the apps you bought on any device you sync with that account.

-----
I bought the same version as you got and love it. My apps all migrated but things like passwords and bookmarks did not. Also I have been told that the car charger does not work and many of the chargers list for sale also do not work. There were a couple of chargers being offered on Amazon.com for around $300 that definitely do not work. Also plugging the iPad into the computer as we do will also not charge it.

-----
I don't know about car chargers -- I haven't tried mine with the iPad & don't do much charging in the car anyway other than the built-in iPod hookup that plays & charges the Nano I keep in there -- but the iPad *will* charge on my laptop (as long as the laptop is running & not in sleep or hibernate mode, & I suppose it's best if the laptop is plugged in itself & not on battery power!) -- it will *say* it's not charging but actually it is charging but very slowly. I've seen this when I put it on sync & go away for some time.

-----
I just asked the techs at apple about that yesterday I got an iPad last wkend & when the batt finally died I took the lazy route & plugged in my iPhone charger & the iPad said that it's not charging the tech said that the iPad has a 10w charger while the iPhone & iPod has 5w chargers so if you use the iPhone charger on the iPad it'll reject it if you charge the iPhone with the iPad charger it may overheat so be careful

-----
Yup. I'm on the road now & plugged in the iPad with the charger. It won't charge. No problem; I'll use the iPhone and use my unltd data plan instead of the 2g I bought yesterday.

-----
Which car charger did you get?? Where did you get it?? I am going to Yellowstone NP and I would like to be able to use the iPad in the car and I want to get the right car charger the first time. I have the iPad and iPhone chargers in pretty close proximity to each other here in the house and both are labeled to reduce the chances for error.

-----
I got my iPhone charger from Amazon & it was sold as a phone charger not iPad. Has worked well for the iPhone.

I sure do hope I brought the right wall unit to recharge the iPad. If not, Walmart is my best hope.

Bill, I gave up using the iPad in the front seat--too much glare/reflection. My daughter is using it in the backseat without glare. (Driving east in the morning so there was a lot of sun.)

-----
I ended up ordering a Griffin Technology unit from Amazon. Somebody on the list recommended that brand, don't remember who. I am not sure how much I am going to use the iPad in the car but one potential significant use is the iPod function. Bigger unit=bigger sound than iPhone?? I am driving 20 hours each way to Yellowstone NP this Fall. Louder volume in the iPod function would be nice.

-----
You will want a 2 amp charger. Amazon has the cheapest ones. I got one made by Griffin. You can charge your phone with it and it charges faster.

No comments: