Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Multiple versions of Calendars on Iphone

Apple iphone - Multiple versions of Calendars on Iphone

Just noticed a problem with my Iphone 3GS. I have multiple versions of each of my calendar on the iPhone. I'm syncing using MobileMe.

I have several calendars: Business, Family Activity, Holidays, etc on my Mac. These sync via MobileME and on MobileME and on my various Macs I see only one version of each calendar.

However on the iPhone, I have multiple versions of each calendar. However not all of the information in the main calendar is duplicated in the additional versions of each calendar.

Is there some way to reset the calendar information on the iPhone so that it syncs accurately? Do I just start from my Mac and Reset Sync Services or do I delete all the calendar info from the iPhone?

iPhone Calendar
Jail break apple iphone calendar
When you sync to MM, you don't also sync to you computer or you'll get duplicates. There is a procedure to eliminate you iCal entries on iPhone. Then u sync to just MM.

-----
I'm not syncing to the computer and to MM. The problem doesn't seem to be with the MM sync process but with something on the iPhone. Also I'm not seeing duplicate events but rather duplicate Calendars.

Some of the events are duplicated within the Calendars but not all.

What is the procedure you reference below to reset the Calendar on the iPhone?

-----
This is not intuitive at all and I still struggle with it, but if you have iTunes set to sync and you have MobileMe set to sync, you'll end up with multiple versions. I've had it happen with both calendars and contacts.

-----
With both sync's on I only got duplicate entries, not multiple Calendars.

-----
I've had this issue before. On the iPhone, go to settings>mail>mobile me and turn off calendar syncing. When it asks, delete the calendar on the iphone. After it deletes, turn back on syncing and everything should fall into place without duplicates.

-----
Thank you so much. Your solution solved the problem quickly and without me having to go delete a bunch of calendars. I wonder how the iPhone gets corrupted to have this happen.

No comments: