Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mail Push

Apple iPhone - Mail Push

I am not sure if this issue is addressed but I need your expertise. I cannot seem to find a decent answer to my problem. All my e-mail accounts used to sync.

Now I have to go into mail for it to check for new e-mails. In my mail setting it is set to "Push" Problem is not just yahoo mail but, google and mobileme mail.
What do you think?

iPhone Email
Girl infuse Apple iPhone email
Not sure about Yahoo - others have reported issues, Google doesn't have Push for iPhone and my MobileMe works fine -

I have Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Fetch New Data > Push > On and "Fetch" set to Hourly then

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Fetch New Data > Push > Advanced >
Main G-Mail & Exchange set to Fetch, other G-Mail accounts set to Manual (what you described before as your 'problem') and my MMe account set to Push and I don't have any issues. My contacts & calendar are synced hourly (Exchange account - and whenever I open either app it forces a sync), my G-Mail account is synced hourly (and it uses G-Mail filters to forward mail that needs to be 'pushed' to MMe) and my MMe account pushes mail/contacts/calendars/notes/etc as normal.

No comments: