Tuesday, August 10, 2010

iPhone Folders replaced by Alpha Order Apps

Apple iPhone - Category Folders on my iPhone Replaced with Apps in Alpha Order

Yesterday I decided to update the apps on my iPhone by using that option from my iPhone. After the updating of apps, I noticed that all the folders I had made to house my apps had disappeared and now the apps are loaded and rearranged in alphabetic order on my iPhone.

I spent a good deal of time making new folders and rebooting after each cleanup and organization to allow the additional apps that were on the iphone device to appear in empty spots. I then moved those apps to folders and kept repeating until all apps were organized again.

Is this a known bug? I haven't had this happen when I do all my app updates in iTunes first and then sync the phone to iTunes. This seems to only have occurred because I choose to update the apps from my iPhone. Am I making the right assumption to this problem?

iPhone Apps
Purple apple iphone apps
I update apps from the computer and from the iPhone iOS4. I have never had this to happen and hope I never do. Let us know if you figure out why it happened.

-----
you might have inadvertently 'reset home screen' either on phone or in iTunes which is the only thing that empties folders and alphabetizes Apps.

No comments: