Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blocking Text Messages

Apple iPhone - Blocking Text Messages

I've been reading the threads concerning blocking incoming calls, and I have a similar issue with text messages.

A couple of years ago I signed up to receive updates during Formula 1 races. I enjoyed the service when I had unlimited texting but recently, to save money, I dropped my plan down to 200 texts per month. This service sends between 40 and 50 texts during a race weekend.

I have tried canceling the service but I'm still receiving the text messages, so I'm now looking for a way to block them.

iPhone Email
Matthew Settle apple iphone email
I don't think there is a way to block texting from a certain number - I know AT&T (and other US carriers) can block all SMS & MMS, jall MMS, incoming MMS, outgoing MMS, all SMS, all incoming SMS, or all outgoing SMS or any combination but can't do it from a certain number. When of our lines was receiving 'spam' texts they said they could only block all messages or all incoming or change the number (at a fee).

I finally traced down the unsubscribe code (required texting STOP 3 times to a certain number).

-----
Yeah that's what I was agreed of. I'll hunt it down. For today's race I got 110 text updates.

No comments: