Thursday, August 5, 2010

Battery Life for iPhone 4G

Apple iPhone - Battery Life for iPhone 4G

Anyone find that the iPhone 4G has less battery life than previous models? I just got my 4G 2 days ago and the battery doesn't last as long as my old 3G. Both are running iOS4 without any problems

iPhone Battery
How to preserve Usage from Apple iPhone Battery
Nope, mine lasts longer and charges faster - I have been using it since 6am yesterday and still have 58% left. You might want to run through your settings and what you have running in the background - Skype/VoIP Apps, TomTom/GPS Apps, etc use a lot of power, Push on an Exchange account drains power like crazy, etc.

-----
Should be iPhone 4 and not 4G. I find the opposite to be true. The battery lasts much longer than my previous 3 iPhones.

-----
Mine last longer. BTW, it's not a iPhone 4G, it's a iPhone 4. The 4G network is not available from AT&T yet.

-----
I find that my battery life is draining faster too. I've had mine for 4 days also. I've turned down the brightness and also try to keep my open apps to a minimum. It might also be that since the phone is new, I'm playing with it more than I did my 3G.

-----
Also, there is a little "airplane" or check by the battery icon in the upper left of my phone. Would that be the navigation icon? If so, how do I turn navigation off? I am not playing with my phone anymore than my 3G either

-----
The little "airplane" icon says something is using location services. Check the task switching tray for an app that uses location services and "close" it. Or got to settings and turn off location services.

-----
Surely the airplane symbol, top left, is Airplane Mode indicator? As in, an airplane. The location service indicator is a purple compass arrow, on the top right.

-----
a purple arrow on the right is location and it points to about 1
o'clock. If it is a fat white arrow that points to 3 o'clock, then something
like the iPod app or Pandora is playing. This one looks like the symbol on a
play button.

-----
Airplane mode was off so that wasn't it. I went to "settings" and turned off location service and the icon disappeared. Maybe my battery will last longer now. Apparently the new phone came with this setting on.

----
You will probably find at some time that you need one or more of the location services. You can turn it on or off for each individual App.

For example, since I am not traveling all the time like I used to, I turned it off for Fandango, since 95% of the time I am looking for show times near home. I give it my location manually, many Apps have this feature.

No comments: