Monday, August 2, 2010

Upgrade the software?

Apple iPhone - upgrade the software Problem?

I am also using Iphone 2G Model 8GB. actually last week i try to upgrade the software but i dont know whats happen in my phone the contacts, messages and notes are deleted. I dont know how to retrive that. I store the important messages on that.

iPhone Software
Apple iPhone Software
I just moved from a 2G iPod Touch to a 3G iPhone and had the same issue. My computer was a PC not a Mac. There may be more options on a Mac.

Here is what I found. The notes and contacts are not backed up in iTunes. This means you have to do it some other way. There are 3 choices allowed and they are Windows Address Book, Outlook, and Mobile Me. From what I can tell, Windows Address Book only does contacts where the other two do both. I believe there is a charge for using Mobile Me.

The initial versions of iOS did not allow backup of notes and calendar, at all. When it became available I had chosen Outlook as my backup location. When you open Outlook there is a button at the bottom left side of the screen that says Notes. I opened that and found my notes. The contact list in Outlook contained all my contacts from my iPod Touch.

I setup my new iPhone to sync with Outlook and all was good.

You make this choice on the iPhone screen in iTunes.

Just in case you wonder where Outlook stores this information, it is in the .pst file with all your other email.

No comments: