Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can't sync

Apple iPhone - Can't sync

Last week I synced my 3GS before upgrading to iOS 4.01. Now when I plug in my phone, iTunes does not recognize it. I know it's not the cord because it works fine to charge the phone.

I have an older Intel MacMini 1.83gh duo with 10.4.11 OS. iTunes 9.0.2 (the latest, I think.) I don't know what's wrong or what to try. Ideas?

iPhone Sync
Approach fiona apple iphone sync
Try this for verification that your cable or the USB connection on your computer are not the problem. Connect your iphone to your computer via the USB cable and then open iPhoto. Are you seeing your iPhone when using iPhoto app???

-----
I launched iPhoto and connected the iPhone. iPhoto recognized it immediately and allowed me to upload my photos. Then I quit iPhoto and launched iTunes. After a few seconds my iPhone appeared under "Devices." Whew! Did I breathe a sigh of relief when the sync went as usual.

I have no idea why connecting to iPhoto made the difference, but it did. So thank you Joan and all the others who replied for the advice. You're the best.

-----
It could still be your cord.

I have a couple of cords that will allow charging, but don't pass data for syncing.

It could be that simple.

-----
Is this the cord that came with the Iphone or from your 3GS ? Also try another USB port. Also check to see if you have a new drive mounted on you PC, it will look like when you use a flash drive., if not its the cord.

-----
Is it possible to use skype in iphone 4?

-----
Yes Skype is working on the iPhone 4.

-----
iOS 4 requires iTunes 9.2 or higher. Your comment states that you have iTunes version 9.0.2.

Once you successfully upgraded the 3GS to iOS 4.01 it can fail to recognize it.

Update iTunes on your computer to the newest version and it should once again start recognizing your iPhone.

No comments: