Tuesday, August 3, 2010

iphone-ipad sync via mobileme - slooow

Apple iphone-ipad sync via mobileme - slooow

I have an iPad and a original 2G iPhone, both running iOS 3x

Both are set up to with push notification (every 15 minutes) switched on and sync'd to MobileMe.

I am finding that synchronisation via the 'Cloud' is very slow. It can take a day for items I add to the iPad calendar to appear on the the iPhone, by which time it's too late...though I think this does demonstrate that the settings are ok (?)

I'm using the excellent Omnifocus on each one, and again OF on the phone does look for the database on MobileMe but doesn't always find it. Eventually it will.

The Phone seems to be the temperamental one. It will fail to log onto MobileMe email occasionally unless restarted.

iPhone iPad
Girl Views New Tablet apple iphone ipad
First if it is set to push that is instantly, if it is set to 15 minutes that is Fetch not push.

Second, it should be nearly instantly - if I add something to my iPad it shows up on my phone, all computers, etc within a minute - vice versa, at least through MMe and Google.

No comments: