Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New iPhone and App

Apple iPhone - New to iPhone please share App Opinions



What are your favorite must have Apps? What would you not recommend??

I've also been looking at Red Laser vs. ShopSavvy, Bump, and CardStar vs. Key Ring Rewards. Do you have any comments on any of these?

Thanks in advance....this newbie has a lot to learn but so far loving her new VERIZON iPhone :)

iPhone Apps Apple iPhone Apps I use Calengoo as my calendar and the Weight Watchers daily but the one that surprises me the most is IMDB. I can't believe how many times I've settled debates at work just checked it to see where I've seen actors before.

-----
Here are a couple of websites to checkout:

http://www.online-college-reviews.com/index.php/100-awesome-iphone-apps-to-work-\
and-study-from-the-beach/

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/04/40-awesome-iphone-application-websites/

-----
Google Shopper

-----
Congratulations on your new toy!!! (umm high powered piece of equipment). I have several favorite apps that I just have to have.

Shopper (my grocery list)
Spite (spite and malice card game)
Words with Friends
Chickie Dominos
QRank
Facebook
Ebay
iVideo Camera (unless you're lucky enough to have a video camera built in)
The Weather Channel
Ski Report
Shazam (music identification app)
Groupon

I have tons more, but I use those most often.

-----
Here's some more:

http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/26/top-40-iphone-apps-2010/

-----
Red Laser is better than ShopSavvy (though it has improved).
CardStar is easier to use and less cluttered than Key Ring.
Bump is awesome.

Make sure you get Shazam, Pandora, and The Weather Channel (much better than Apple's Weather).

-----
Good question. My needs may not be representative, but someone has to start!

Kayak
Google
Google Voice
Flashlight
Google Earth
AIM
Charts & Tides
All kinds of airline-specific apps
Netflix (!!)
Shazam
Facebook
Find iPhone
Yelp
WebEx
WhiteNoise
Kindle
Seafood WATCH
BoatUS
Whitepages

-----
White Noise (sound machine); Kindle Reader; Accounts (keeps track of my spending)

-----
Here is my list: (sorry kinda long lol)
-Pocket informant: my favorite calendar & sync with my google calendar
-Awesome note: favorite notes app, totally customizable, & syncs with google
docs
-Weather channel
-Adobe Photoshop: use mostly for cropping & rotating pics
-Web albums: use for batch upload & managing picasa web albums. It has offline
caching & let's you see mire than the standard 100 pics
-Spending: use to keep up with all my business expenses
-eBay
-Paypal
-Amazon
-Checkbook
-Craigs Pro
-Key ring
-Red laser
-Group text: let's you set & save groups of contacts
-Around me
-Yellow pages
-Find my iPhone
-Team viewer: remote access to my pc/laptop
-Bump
-App shopper: create an app wish list for those paid apps you want & it email
you when the app goes on sale or is updated
-Dictionary.com
-Stain brain
-Dish
-Peel: you set your tv provider & it pulls up your stations; basically a
searchable tv guide
-Flixster: cinemas & showtimes in your area
-Remote: let's you control your iTunes music from your phone a long as the
computer & your phone are on the same wifi network
-Words with friends: basically scrabble
-Fit it: puzzle game
-Finger balance: another game

My list of games could go on awhile so I'll just leave it at that lol

-----
Here's a truncated list of favorite apps:

Dictionary.com
Epocrates
Pocket Informant
IMDB
Trip Advisor
Words with Friends
XE Currency
GPS Drive (with voice enabled)
Wi-Fi Finder
Wikipedia
Skype

No comments: