Sunday, February 13, 2011

Can't get my eBook on my iPhone

Apple iPhone - Can't get my eBook on my iPhone




I downloaded an eBook from iTunes and can't get it on my iPhone.

How do I do this?

iPhone iTunes
Apple iPhone iTunes
Can you explain a bit more what you mean, if I have them in iTunes then they sync to my device.

-----
I download iBook

It OK for me as I don't know any other?

-----
Did you add the book file to you iTunes book library?

-----
And have you set iTunes.app to sync it with your iPhone?

-----
It's in my audiobooks section of iTunes. When I set up the sync, it doesn't show it in books to sync, it does show a few free books, but non of my audio books.

By adding the book to my iTunes book library..... doesn't that just mean download it into iTunes?

I have another book, and I listened to it once on my iPhone, or iPod, can't remember.

Also, when I was syncing my iPhone, it duplicated and quadrupled most all of my contacts.

-----
Eh? An ebook is not an audio book. You read it, not listen to it. Have you checked that it has the right media type?

-----
First are you syncing with a Mac or a PC? This should work for either, but sometimes it makes a difference.

Like before said, "An ebook is not an audio book. You read it, not listen to it." If it is really an audiobook then continue.

Open iTunes. What format are the other books in your iTunes? Find the problem book in iTunes and click on it. Then Cmd + i. In the Options tab window, what is the Media Kind. If it is an really an audiobook, then make sure it show audiobook and not something else.

Then connect your iphone. Go to the Devices section and click on the iPhone. Click on the Books tab. Check Sync Books and Selected books. The books shown under Books are ebooks you read. Next section down, check Sync Audiobooks and check the book you want to listen to, and / or Include Audiobooks from Playlists and check the correct playlist. Assuming that you previously made a playlist. I call mine Audiobooks iPhone, Audiobooks Classic (iPod) & Audiobooks Nano (iPod).

Click Apply or Sync. Eject your iPhone. Open the iPod.app and select your book and start listening.

If it is an ebook, you will need to read it with another app.

-----
I think we have 2 threads mixed together. The OP asked about eBooks and somewhere along the line it got changed to audio books.

-----
The OP (with eBook in the subject line) was by Jamie. The later mention of audiobooks was by the same Jamie.

-----
I looked back and you are right. The confusion came because the display name changed oklahomajamie to Jamie Cody during the thread.

No comments: