Saturday, February 19, 2011

iTunes/iPhone compatibility in MS

Apple iPhone - Problems with iTunes/iPhone compatibility in MS



Although a different problem than noted in the forum, I too have been experiencing problems with MS compatibility. In my case, iTunes shuts down when I link my iPhone into the computer. It just STOPS WORKING! All is fine again when I disconnect the phone and iTunes works like a charm. Each works like it should as long as they are not linked. Any ideas? I've posted this a few times before and got no response.

iPhone iTunes
Apple iPhone iTunes
I haven't had any problem with iTunes + using several different iDevices -- older iPods, two different gen iTouches, an iPad & an iPhone4. iTunes is slow & has its eccentricities but works just fine for me & keeps all the devices straight when I sync them.

What opsys are you using?
Have you tried un/re-installing iTunes?
What else are you running at the same time?
Maybe it's not MS per se but something *else* in your particular setup.

-----
On the Mac-side for example. I can not use both PhoneView by ecamm and iTunes and connect my iPhone. Both Apps want to connect to the phone and only one can at a time. IIRC, i get a polite message to that effect. Sounds like you are not getting a message just an App quitting.

-----
Have you tried more than one Sync cable? there could be a problem with your cable.

No comments: